Skip to content
2013-14 to September 2018
- Provision of certified agricoltural inputs for 7,600 acres (7,600 bags Wheat seed & 7600 bags DAP) on 50% cost sharing basis for Mirpur division during Rabi 2018-19 season.
- Achievements of Fruit Development Program (FDP):
- 1,288,477 wild plants were converted into improved quality fruit plant by Top working
- 1,573 progeny orchards have been established on farmers field.
- 776 farmers and 111 departmental staff were trained in budding and grafting techniques.
- Survey of 607 villages completed for enlistment recording of wild fruit flora
- 769 farmers trained in Orchard Management Techniques
- Establishment of Wheat Seed Blocks at 400 acres in AJ&K
- Establishment of Maize Seed Blocks at 200 acres in AJ&K
- Production of more than 250,000 high quality certified plants of different fruits (Apple, Walnut, Apricot, Cherry, Guava, Plum etc) during last five years and their distribution throughout AJ&K.
- Completion of Diagnostic Survey in Leepa Valley (District Jehlum Valley) to explore agricultural potential of the valley.
- Successfully introduced commercial production of Gladiolus Cut flowers. The business turnover has reached to a rising limit of 25.000 million rupees.
- Distribution of 300,000 Kitchen Gardening seed Kits (Rabi+ Kharif) during last 5 years
- Enactment of AJK Seed Act for regulation of seed business in the State.
- Establishment of different types of 451 Plastic Tunnels in all district of AJK
- Successfully launched and maintained Plant Quarantine System at Chakothi and Tetrinote Entry Points (a requirement for Cross LOC Trade).
- Completion of Fruit, Vegetable and Meat Market at Arja, District Bagh with the cost of Rs. 182.161 Million
- Re-Construction of Soil & IPM Labs. And Agriculture Complex Building at Gojra.
- Preparation and Distribution of District wise Agriculture Calendars for all 10 districts.
- Preparation of “Agriculture Policy (A Ten Years Perspective) -2014” and submitted to Cabinet for approval.