Skip to content
- To maintain and narrow down the gap between food production and consumption.
- To exploit the ecological comparative advantages for increasing farm income.
- Development of horticulture sector.
- Productivity enhancement of major field crops (maize, wheat, pulses, millets and forages).
- Substitution of high value crops to increase the farm income.
- Sustainable management of land and water resources.
- Capacity Building for community participation.
- Agricultural research, education and training.
- Development of better varieties and improved production technologies to enhance the agricultural productivity.
- Improvement in shelf life and marketing of fruits and vegetables.
- Dissemination of modern improved production technologies to the farming community through print & electronic media.
- Protection from insect pests and plant diseases.
- Pest warning and quality control of pesticides.
- Soil fertility and water conservation.
- Agricultural mechanization, reclamation of land, tube wells installations and research in agricultural engineering.
- Agricultural information and publications.
- Agricultural statistics